Change I4789fe99651597b073e35066ec3be312e18659b8 made me realise that
with the extant code, nothing will update the /usr/ansible-env
environment when we bump the versions.
The installation of the Ansible, openstacksdk and ARA packages as part
of the "install-ansible" role was done this way to facilitate being
able to install all three of these from their main/master/devel
branches for the "-devel" job, which is our basic canary for upstream
things that might affect us. Because of the way the pip: role works
with "state: latest" and mixing on-disk paths with pypi package names,
this became a bit of a complex swizzling operation.
Some thing have changed since then; particularly us now using a
separate venv and upstream Ansible's change to use "collections"; so
pulling in a bug-fix for Ansible is not as simple as just cloning
github.com/ansible/ansible at a particular tag any more. This means
we should reconsider how we're specifying the packages here.
This simplifies things to list the required packages in a
requirements.txt file, which we install into the venv root. The nice
thing about this is that creating requirements.txt with the template:
role is idempotent, so we can essentially monitor the file for changes
and only (re-)run the pip install into /usr/ansible-env when we change
versions (forcing upgrades so we get the versions we want, and fixing
the original issue mentioned above).