Anselme, Schubbert (sa246v)
Signed-off-by: Anselme, Schubert (sa246v) <firstname.lastname@example.org> Change-Id: I4b5a5f6a7e21d790cce13a5ccff9819f517cad64
|2 months ago|
|.github||3 years ago|
|charts||2 months ago|
|images||2 months ago|
|tools||2 months ago|
|.gitignore||4 years ago|
|.gitreview||4 years ago|
|.zuul.yaml||2 months ago|
|LICENSE||5 years ago|
|Makefile||2 months ago|
|README.md||2 years ago|
MaaS Helm Artifacts
This repository holds artifacts supporting the deployment of Canonical MaaS in a Kubernetes cluster.
The MaaS install is made up of two required imags and one optional image. The Dockerfiles in this repo can be used to build all three. These images are intended to be deployed via a Kubernetes Helm chart.
MaaS Region Controller
The regiond Dockerfile builds a systemD-based Docker image to run the MaaS Region API server and metadata server.
MaaS Rack Controller
The rackd Dockerfile builds a systemD-based Docker image to run the MaaS Rack controller and dependent services (DHCPd, TFTPd, etc...). This image needs to be run in privileged host networking mode to function.
MaaS Image Cache
The cache image Dockerfile simply provides a point-in-time mirror of the maas.io image repository so that if you are deploying MaaS somewhere without network connectivity, you have a local copy of Ubuntu. Currently this only mirrors Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic and does not update the mirror after image creation.
Also provided is a Kubernetes Helm chart to deploy the MaaS pieces and integrates them. This chart depends on a previous deployment of Postgres. The recommended avenue for this is the Openstack Helm Postgres chart but any Postgres instance should work.
Chart overrides are likely required to deploy MaaS into your environment
- values.labels.rack.node_selector_key - This is the Kubernetes label key for selecting nodes to deploy the rack controller
- values.labels.rack.node_selector_value - This is the Kubernetges label value for selecting nodes to deploy the rack controller
- values.labels.region.node_selector_key - this is the Kubernetes label key for selecting nodes to deploy the region controller
- values.labels.region.node_selector_value - This is the Kubernetes label value for selecting nodes to deploy the region controller
- values.conf.cache.enabled - Boolean on whether to use the repo cache image in the deployment
- values.conf.maas.url.maas_url - The URL rack controllers and nodes should use for accessing the region API (e.g. http://10.10.10.10:8080/MAAS)
During deployment, the chart executes the below steps:
- Initializes the Postgres DB for MaaS
- Starts a Pod with the region controller and optionally the image cache sidecar container
- Once the region controller is running, deploy a Pod with the rack controller and join it to the region controller.
- Initialize the configuration of MaaS and start the image sync
- Export an API key into a Kubernetes secret so other Pods can access the API if needed